Friday, February 04, 2005

Opinions

OK, everyone has their panties in a wad over comments made by the Marine General about how he enjoyed shooting members of the Taliban forces. Personally, I am glad that this guy is on our side. Who could defend us and the world better than I bunch of crazy badasses? I mean, he wasn't exactly delivering a Shakesperean sonnet or anything, but seriously, it could be worse--he could be on their side.

I don't have the same compassion for humanity that many Democrats have; don't get me wrong, I am pro -rights, but people that are grossly inhumane, such as the Taliban, should be killed. People that rape and kill little kids should be killed. I understand people's arguments, but at some point, we, as a just society, must draw a line in the sand. The Taliban was a horrible regime; they provided unrivaled support to al-Qaida, they horrifically abused women in their society, and they prevented progress among their own people. They should be shot, and if this general doesn't want to do it, give me a gun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Daniel S. said...

There is nothing in human that we could do to that schmuck in afghanistan.

February 5, 2005 at 10:44 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Alex, I disagree with your assertion. Although the Taliban was, like you said, a horrible regime that was long overdue in its topple, the good vs. evil stuff isn't good public relations. We are trying to appeal to the people of afghanistan, who, contrary to Rush Limbaugh's statements, are not evil. They have reasons for what they believe and we're not going to change them by force.

P.S I'm very interested in southern Democratic politics, not from a partisan perspective, but an anthrpological one. I'll have to link to this one.

Come by The Jersey Perspective.

- Jack

August 2, 2005 at 6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home